Study NT Student Ambassadors are exceptional students who are passionate about studying, living and working in Australia’s Northern Territory.
Throughout the program, students receive a range of training opportunities and support to develop their leadership, public speaking, networking and media skills to promote the Northern Territory as an ideal study destination.
As a Study NT Student Ambassador you will:
- receive personal and professional development on topics including public speaking, networking and social media
- connect and network with other students, international delegations, Territory employers and organisations
- showcase your Territory study experience across social media, webinars and in marketing campaigns with Study NT
- participate in photo and video shoots to promote the Territory and
- undertake valuable work and volunteering experience.
Student Ambassadors also receive unique opportunities, including invitations to business and community functions, networking events and international delegation activities to expand their networks and showcase the valuable contribution international students make to the local community.
What is the Study NT Student Ambassador Program
It is a year-long program, with the next program commencing February 2024.
In addition to professional development (over the course of the year), you may also have the opportunity to:
- attend events with local and international business people and delegations
- present on your experiences as an international student
- participate in community events and activities, including the Harmony Soiree and Kindness Festival
- meet political leaders, businesses and academics.
- Applications open: 23 October 2023
- Applications close: 17 November 2023
- Interviews in Darwin CBD or via video link in Alice Springs: 27 to 30 November 2023
- Notification of successful ambassadors: 15 December 2023
- First professional development session: 3 February 2024.
Who can apply
To be eligible for a 2024 Study NT student ambassador position you must:
- be an international student and holding a Student (subclass 500) visa be at least 16 years of age on 1 January 2024
You can still apply if you are graduating in December 2024 or on a 6 month course/program.
reside and be studying with a registered international education and training providers in the Northern Territory or Navitas Professional.
How you apply
Applications for the 2024 Study NT Student Ambassador Program will be open on 23 October 2023.
To apply for the program, fill in the form:
After you apply
- You must be available to participate in an interview between 27 and 30 November 2023 in Darwin CBD, and the first professional development session on 3 February 2024.
- Applicants studying in Alice Springs will be eligible to participate via video link.