Study NT has established the Study NT International Student Accommodation Grant to assist international students, who are moving to Darwin, Northern Territory (NT).
For more details, read the Study NT International Student Accommodation Grant guidelines.
- Who can apply
- The applicant must not already live in the NT when applying for this grant.
- The applicant must be planning to move to the NT from interstate or overseas.
- The applicant must not hold current Australian citizenship or Australian permanent residency.
- The applicant must have applied and obtained an offer of admission to study in the NT. Study NT requires evidence of acceptance to transfer to or commence study at the applicant’s chosen NT education and training provider (confirmation of enrolment document from the student’s institution).
- International students enrolled in short courses or non-accredited courses are not eligible to apply. The course must be at least a duration of 24 weeks to be eligible to apply for this grant.
- The student’s course must commence prior to 1 June 2024 and the 6 week accommodation must commence by this date.
- The accommodation grant is available for one person only, couples and dependents are not eligible to stay at the accommodation provider.
- What you can get
- When you can apply
Applications for UniLodge are open now, International House Darwin is accepting applications from October 2023, for accommodation from 1 January 2024 onwards.
The student’s course must commence prior to 1 June 2024 and the 6 week accommodation must commence by this date.
- How to apply
The application process consists of 2 steps.
Step 1. To apply, fill in the Study NT International Student Accommodation Grant application and submit via email to email@example.com.
Step 2. Once the application is approved by Study NT, the applicant must apply online with the accommodation provider. Study NT will provide further information via email once the application is approved.
- Terms and conditions
- Application are to be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A Study NT representative assesses all applications to determine successful grant applicants.
- The Study NT International Student Accommodation Grant is only awarded to genuine prospective students.
- The application process consists of 2 steps. Once the applications is approved by Study NT, the applicant must apply online with the accommodation provider.
- Applicants must currently reside outside the NT.
- Applicants are not guaranteed being awarded the Study NT International Student Accommodation Grant.
- Accommodation is subject to availability. Room availability cannot be guaranteed. Successful applicants will receive 6 weeks accommodation at UniLodge (maximum $256 per week) or International House Darwin (maximum $200 per week).
- Accommodation costs are subject to change from the accommodation provider.
- Accommodation at UniLodge is subject to the National Rental Affordability Scheme (NRAS)* and all applicants need to undertake a yearly income check.
- Accommodation at International House Darwin is available to prospective CDU students only. An entry interview applies.
- Successful applicants at either accommodation provider must commit to a minimum 6 months contract and adhere to the conditions of that provider’s contract, including lease break arrangements. Applicants must notify the accommodation provider 2 weeks prior to planning on moving out of the property.
- Successful applicants must agree to the accommodation provider’s terms and conditions.
- A refundable security bond (4 weeks rent), a residential life program fee ($50 per year) and a departure cleaning fee of $150 applies for UniLodge Darwin.
- A refundable rental bond (4 weeks rent) and an application fee of $70 applies at International House Darwin.
- Applications must be submitted at least 15 business days prior to the commencement of study or relocation to Darwin.
- Funding is limited and awarded at Study NT’s discretion.
- Applications close at 3pm (ACST) on 1 June 2024.
*The NRAS threshold depends on the apartment type. Below is an example for the 2022-23 NRAS year:
Household composition Initial income limit One adult $58,905 Two adults $81,441 Three adults $103,977 Four adults $126,513