Upcoming closure of Skilled Regional (Provisional) subclass 489 visa nominations
The subclass 489 visa will close from 16 November 2019. The Australian Government's Department of Home Affairs have announced that the last day for states and territories to nominate and issue invitations for the subclass 489 applicants will be 10 September 2019.
MigrationNT will stop accepting subclass 489 visa nomination applications in the following order:
- offshore applicants – close of business on 30 August 2019
- onshore applicants – close of business on 6 September 2019.
Applicants must note the following key points:
- due to the large volume of applications received, MigrationNT cannot guarantee that all subclass 489 nomination applications will be finalised before the deadline of 10 September 2019
- if your application is not finalised by 10 September 2019, MigrationNT will contact you after this date
- if you are an onshore applicant and have a visa expiring before 16 November 2019, contact MigrationNT through the online application portal
- you should submit decision ready applications with all required documents attached - view documents required on the skilled nominated visas page.
30 August 2019: last day for offshore applicants to lodge nomination applications to MigrationNT.
6 September 2019: last day for onshore applicants to lodge nomination application to MigrationNT.
10 September 2019: last day to issue nomination for subclass 489.
16 November 2019:
- subclass 491 visa program opens
- applicants can lodge an expression of interest for subclass 491 visa through the Department of Home Affairs' SkillSelect system
- subclass 491 nomination applications can be lodged through the MigrationNT online application.