The 2019/20 Migration Innovation Northern Territory (MINT) program has commenced.
The program is an initiative owned by the Paspalis Group and supported by the Northern Territory (NT) Government. The program assists overseas nationals obtain NT Government nomination if they meet the following:
- show commitment to supporting the NT’s innovation ecosystem, and
- meet the nomination criteria set by the NT Government.
The program seeks to:
- raise start-up capital for the NT innovation ecosystem
- leverage visa programs managed by NT Government
- maintain the integrity of the NT Government nomination programs
- support genuine applicants who will benefit the NT in areas such as venture capital, population increase, filling skills shortages and business activities
- ensure that local Northern Territorians are not disadvantaged.
To be eligible for NT Government nomination through the MINT program, you must meet all of the following criteria:
Common criteria, you must:
- prove you will live in the Northern Territory and meet the standard genuine intention criteria
- prove you have a clear understanding of the criteria and their obligations
- have enough funds for your own settlement
- provide fulsome and accurate applications
- disclose all relevant information
- have no links to other regions of Australia, unless you also have strong links to the NT
- if you do not have strong links to the NT you may only be eligible for a provisional visa
- not be an international student, unless you have strong links to the NT
- submit nomination applications within two months of signing an agreement with Paspalis Group.
Skilled migration specific criteria, you must:
- meet Australian Government threshold criteria for the relevant visa, read more about migration for work
- apply for an occupation on the Northern Territory Skilled Occupation Priority List and the relevant Australian Government occupation list.
Business migration specific criteria, you must:
- meet Australian Government threshold criteria for the relevant visa, read more about migration for business
- have undertaken your own business research
- propose and commit to undertake a business / investment activity in the NT. The activity must be in-line with the visa stream you are applying for. This may include being a qualifying business, and satisfying the benefit to the NT criteria.