A variety of land parcels are available within the 1500 hectare precinct, with lots ranging from one hectare to 160 hectares, to accommodate low emissions manufacturing and related eco systems including:
- carbon capture use and storage
- minerals processing
- advanced manufacturing.
Why the Territory
The Northern Territory Government is working with industry and the Australian Government to accelerate the development of Middle Arm into a globally competitive, sustainable development precinct for low emission petrochemicals, renewable hydrogen, carbon capture storage and minerals processing.
Middle Arm opportunities are supported by:
- untapped proven gas reserves offshore and a world-class shale gas resource onshore
- highly prospective geological storage to sequester carbon dioxide emissions
- critical minerals reserves including copper, lithium, vanadium, rare earths, tungsten and cobalt
- access to renewable energy sources
- established construction, logistics and operations capability
- proximity to international markets
- Charles Darwin University’s Energy and Resources Institute.
- is already home to the Santos Darwin LNG and the INPEX Ichthys Onshore LNG processing facilities
- has an extensive product corridor network for the efficient transmission of utilities, gas, feedstock and products
- is in close proximity of Darwin International Airport, Darwin Port, the Darwin to Adelaide railway and freight terminal, and the road network.
Manager Investor Engagement
Department of the Chief Minister and Cabinet
Disclaimer: This web page includes information provided by third parties. The information is general in nature and is for information purposes only. The Northern Territory Government makes no representation about the veracity or accuracy of information provided by third parties. You must rely on your own due diligence before proceeding. You should consider seeking independent professional advice.